Medford Water is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team!
The Senior Accountant serves as the Lead for Finance and performs professional activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, high level accounting and administrative tasks, works with journal entries, monthly financial statements and general ledger accounts. Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other closely related field and 4+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary: $70,507.84–$84,133.46 annual DOE plus excellent benefits. Medford Water offers employees an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision for employees and family with a small employee cost share
- Long Term Disability Insurance - provided by Medford Water
- Life Insurance - $50,000 policy provided by Medford Water
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - $50,000 provided by Medford Water
- Health Reimbursement Account - $1,800 per year provided by Medford Water
- Voluntary Supplemental Policies - Aflac, Critical Illness, Additional Life Insurance, and more
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
Medford Water's Wellness Program promotes physical, emotional, and financial wellness with various goals and incentives throughout the year. A free and confidential Employee Assistance Program can assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with any personal problem, including crisis counseling, managing anxiety, dealing with financial strain, and more. A fully-equipped fitness center is available at the Lausmann Annex building.
Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
Employees accrue vacation starting at 96 hours per year, and earn 96 hours of paid sick leave annually. In addition, employees receive 3 personal holidays per year and the Commission recognizes 9 paid holidays.
A complete job description and job application form are available below. For position consideration, candidates must submit resume, application, and cover letter to Tanya Haakinson, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail, or at our office (only completed packets with all three components will be accepted).
- Oregon Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) - 6% pre-tax contributed by the employee
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan) Available
ATTN: Human Resources
200 S. Ivy Street – Room 177
Medford, Oregon 97501
Phone: (541) 774-2444 | Fax: (541) 774-2555
First candidate review on June 23, 2022; position open until filled.